Thursday, October 02, 2008

What of the Night?.....Isaiah 21


In Isaiah chapter 21, we have the question--- Watchman, what of the night? This is preceded by the statement, The Burden of Dumah. Dumah in Hebrew means 'silence'. So... in a sense you could say that this is the burden for silence. I was reminded of a quote from Malcolm Muggeridge that goes something like this......
"The media has tried to become the Logos". ( And he said this many years ago!)
For some time now, I have had a sense of foreboding about the internet. I know the Lord is using it in spite of the corruption, and I have made many close connections through the internet, even things that have led to fulfilling what I believe is God's will for my life, but at the same time, I am also seeing that at some point, believers will have to reject the media. The commercialization of media is tied in with the merchandising of mystery Babylon. I have already rejected television, several years ago being literally unable to watch commercials, putting them on mute for a long time, finally giving up television altogether, sensing that the commercialization was the true evil of it.
My only source of news and current events is the internet and some radio. Yesterday while looking at a news story on an online news source, as I was trying to read an article, a figure of a man walked out of an advertising box and walked across the screen on top of the story and walked back into the ad box, seeking to draw my attention to the ad. Something in that struck me as really evil. Not only evil, but as if the gall of the media has come to a fulness. If it were possible, I think the advertisers would send hologram figures into our living rooms. And indeed, something like that may exist eventually, if this thing goes far enough.
....end part one, (I hope to write more on this subject)......

2 comments:

Denise Vasquez (Nissi) said...

I totally know what you mean. Not that I have totally given up Tv, but I have had times of fasting from it. I too see the drawing in of disillusionments and destractions. I see these things as a way for the evil one to lull them into an even deeper sleep causing them to think that they are living in reality, when in truth they are so far from it. God insights..I would love to hear more from you on this topic. Love your blog!

Desert Pilgrim said...

I really appreciate your comment. I hope to write more on this as I receive more on it.