Friday, September 10, 2010

Praying the Scriptures with Andrew Murray


"I am convinced that one chief cause why some do not grow more in grace is that they do not take time to hold converse with the Lord in secret. Spiritual, divine truth does not thus become our possession at once. Although I understand what I read, although I consent heartily to it, although I receive it, it may speedily fade away and be forgotten, unless by private meditation I give it time to become fixed and rooted in me, to become united and identified with me. Christians, give yourselves, give your Lord time to transfer His heavenly thoughts to your inner, spiritual life. When you have read a portion, set yourselves in silence before God. Take time to remain before Him until He has made His word living and powerful in your souls. Then does it become the life and the power of your life." ...Andrew Murray, The Lord's Table.

Great quote, isn't it? Spend time in the Word. Develop a relationship with the Word. Don't intellectualize about it, but absorb it. Listen to audios of portions, listen with your heart. Hide it in you heart. Let the Word Speak. Let it act upon you. Let it be a sword piercing through to your inner man. Let it have the impact upon you, don't resist it. Wait on it, it may take days or weeks, but the Holy Spirit will surely bring it to your remembrance in His perfect timing.     Susan.

No comments: